Kibrebeal of Medhanialem
Saturday April 2 2016
Important Date: the annual Kibrebeal of Medhanialem.
Important Date: the annual Kibrebeal of Medhanialem
Starting Friday night April 3 till Saturday April 4 2015
Come and join us during the first annual Kibrebeal at our owned magnificent Church.
May 10, 2014
Congratulations to all! We fulfilled our 30 years of dream.
The below video is compiled by Tadias.
April 28, 2014
After 30 years at the River Side Church, Medhanialem is now moving into its place as per May 2nd. The address is 302 E 206 St, Bronx NY 10467. A link to parking and transportation is available to the right side of this page.
May 2/3, 2014
- 2PM: Prayer at Church, the ARK moves to the Church
- 9 PM: All-night vigil-prayer and thanksgiving chants
- 07:00 AM: Mass
- 10:30 AM: Choir, Sermons, Sunday collection
- 12:45 PM Procession of the ARK
- 01:15 PM Lunch
- 03:30 PM Conclusion
- Church Choir will have intermittent presentation throughout the program
Very many thanks to the River Side Church for being so kind to us for so many years!
March 1, 2014
Dear Parishioner and Supporter :
The last 30 years, the Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church of Our Savior (Medhanialem) in the City of New York was providing services to its members and Citizens of New York in a rental place at the Riverside Church. During this long span of time, the Parishioner have been contributing generously in the hope that one day our dream of obtaining our own prayer house would be realized.
The Lord has heard our prayers and noticed our sacrifices as a result of which we are now proud owners of a building at a cost of $1,300,000. In addition to the mortgage payment of $300,000, we also have to invest a substantial amount of funds to repair and restore the newly acquired church building that was constructed in 1928. The estimate of this repair and the mortgage is in excess of half a million dollars.
We are counting on your continued support to finish the work of dedicating this building to the honor of our God and as a place of worship to everyone in New York City. This building would serve not only as a place of worship but also as a Community Center where Ethiopian culture, language and history would be offered especially to the benefit of our children and immigrants.
Much indebted to your kindness and help now as well as in the future, God Bless.
March 31, 2013Congratulations to all!
March 17, 2013
- Sunday March 31 2013 General assembly meeting to decide on the Bronx Church. See further info below
- Sunday April 7: Annual Holly-day of Medhanialem (Nigis).
Information on the Bronx Church Building
- General Building Inspection Report (click here)
- Structural Engineering Inspection Report (click here)
- Asbestos Inspection Report (click here)
- Frequently Asked Questions(click here)
The origin of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church and some history
History of Entoto Mariam, taking us back in time